This course is designed specifically for people wanting to gain all the essential experience and knowledge to begin a career as a dog groomer and we will be with throughout the process to guide you every step of the way. Throughout the process you will be learning to the highest standards, in a working dog grooming salon; therefore getting a complete insight to how the industry works.
Caroline and Leanne will be your tutors on the course, who have a vast experience within the animal care industry, focusing on the welfare and behaviour of the dogs, using holistic methods as well as being two of the most respected and established dog groomers in the area.
We have gained:
- BSc (Hons) in Animal Behaviour and Welfare
- City and Guilds Level 3 Dog Grooming
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education and,
- 23 years dog grooming experience.
As a specialist dog grooming training academy we run courses throughout the year. Fully equipped to the highest standards, working in association with ‘Heavenlyz,’ http://www.heavenlyz.com one of top training academies in the UK, Glamour Pooch now runs the Level 2 Certificate for Dog Grooming Assistants (7763-02)
Over 5 weeks for 4 days a week, this 20 day course is ideal for anyone wanting to work as a commercial dog groomer
There is no upper age limit for our training courses although a minimum age of 16 is required to complete this City & Guilds qualification.
The City and Guilds qualification covers:
- Trimming of a dogs coat
- Preparing and grooming dogs prior to bathing
- Bathing and cleaning dogs
- Drying dogs and preparing their coat for styling
- Controlling and restraining animals
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment used for grooming
- Maintaining the cleanliness and bio security of the animal care working environment
The cost of the Level 2 course is £3200 all-inclusive and must be paid in full 28 days prior to the start of your course, which is non-refundable after this time period, however we currently have a selection of offers:
- Save £500 on our course starting on the 23rd May, 2017
- Save £400 on our course starting on the 4th July, 2017
- Save £300 on our course starting on the 22nd August, 2017
- Save £200 on our course starting on the 10th October, 2017
- Save £100 on our course starting on the 14th November, 2017
This price includes the following:
- Full use of the dog grooming equipment at the salon during your course
- Full use of the dog grooming books available at the salon during your course
- City & Guilds Qualification Manual
- Heavenlyz Manual (from which you revise for the multi choice exam)
- Record of Assessment (in which you do your homework and written work)
- First entry for the online multiple choice exam assessment
- Lead assessors time and travel
- Continuous support by phone, email and the 20 days in salon tuition
- City & Guilds certificate
If you are interested in becoming a dog groomer and would like to see for yourself how it all works within a high end professional salon environment we now offer a one day taster. No prior experience or qualifications necessary.
Cost: £120, which can be credited towards the Level 2 course when booked on the day and a deposit paid.
Independent Financial Advice
It is important you consider your own circumstances and look into all options. Independent financial advice can be obtained at www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk and City and Guilds offers a small number of bursaries each year to people who would like to study but may be financially unable to www.cityandguilds.com/help/help-for-learners/funding-and-bursaries